Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I created a Virtual Machine...

Today I created a OpenSolaris virtual machine... feeling great. I used Sun xVM Virtual Box.
I first came accross xVM during this year Sun Tech Days. I was planning to start on this for quire some time and finally started on. Its cool and easy to set up. Downloaded and installed the xVM virtual box. Then downloaded the OpenSolaris .iso file. Followed the instructions and created the open solaris virtual machine. Tried to do few things on Solaris.. played games and then thought of creating a "Hello World" java program. Then realised I forgot most of Linux commands especially using Vi editor. I stopped today to refresh my Linux knowledge. I love to discuss my furthur expirences with virtual box and knowledge on Virtualization in next of my future blogs.

No comments: